The finance function supports the company’s strategy and business activities as a business partner working closely with business leaders and functional leaders to drive improved performance, yet facilitating transparency of financial performance across the organization.
The Finance function aims to ensure business decisions are grounded in sound financial analysis and endure processes that drive robust financial challenge and accountability. Moreover, the finance function provides analysis and insight for management to prioritize the allocation of resources to areas where value can be created, supporting strategic and commercial operations which add value.
In its role as business partner, the finance function ensures the company keeps continuous focus on compliance, control and risk management to manage the company’s (financial) risks and meet the requirements of governmental and other regulatory bodies, as well as the internal guidelines (e.g. the Combined Business Model).
The Finance Manager needs to be able to move seamlessly between strategic, tactical and executional topics.
GOAL AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Reviews a variety of accounting and reporting activities to ensure that the organization’s financial resources are managed in accordance with accounting principles and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Support GM Mexico in managing and administering JDE’s cash and liquidity management function.
- Keep management informed of significant currency and interest rate risk developments and make recommendations on managing these risks
- Execute, forecast and manage cash payments, accounts receivable, P&L, balance sheet and ensure funds availability.
- Manage local equity, debt and inter-company financing.
- Manage Intercompany Invoice processing
- Liaise with banks on various treasury topics
- Reviews all financial reports and accounting statements to ensure they have been accurately prepared.
- Selects and manages ongoing relationships with external consultants and advisors (for example accounting firms) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Lead and Steer monthly forecasting, yearly AOP (Budget) process and long term VCP (Strategic) plans
- Is responsible for Master data management for the functions finance, supply chain and HR.
- Analyze proper working of SAP transactions (e.g. on currency, subcontracting etc)
- Inventory securing the safety and correctness of our stocks (implement cycle counts and annual counts sharing and explaining results) Reduce / Approve scrapping and coordinate administrative process.
- Business controlling activities
- Align with corporate finance on VAT, treasury, unusuals and IPU/ICP execution
- Manages and align with GM and other stakeholders on miscellaneous questions, as appropriate
- Internal Management reporting (PEC) and Statutory and tax compliances
- Combined Business Model (CBM)compliance point of contact
- Continuously drive process improvements and data quality;
- Ensure compliance with JDE internal control framework and risk management strategies.